The General Data Protection Regulation (2018)
On 25th May 2018, a change in Data Protection legislation came into force.
This affords a greater level of control and protection to an individual's rights regarding the usage, storage and availability of their personal data held by companies and institutions.
Data protection and information security are something that we take seriously at Cumbria Community Transport. We have reviewed and voluntarily implemented data protection laws as part of our integrated management system.
In the event that there are changes in the way we securely process data, we will communicate these changes to you.
How we obtain and use your personal information
Cumbria Community Transport has a contractual obligation, we process the information you have provided pursuant to the provision of our services to you.
- To take your data privacy seriously
- To keep the data and information we process safe, secure and private
- Our activity under contractual obligation is strictly limited to the service we provide to you
- Not to sell or pass on your data and information, including individual personal information
- Not to use any third party in the processing of your data without your express permission
- Advise you should there be a breach to our network or infrastructure, which will compromise your data and information
Whilst you and your business will have your own data controller responsibilities under the new legislation, Cumbria Community Transport will continue to ensure the integrity of data we process on your behalf under our contractual obligation in the delivery of the services that we provide to you
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data, for example, to ask what information we have and request updates or corrections to incorrect data, or to stop using that data.
Should you at any time wish for your details to be removed from our database please request this via email.
We communicate using email, mobile telephone, landline telephone and post.